Cindi's Reviews > Hidden Away

Hidden Away by Maya Banks

1940550
Jun 15, 2011

Read from June 19 to 20, 2011

KGI books make me wish for a large, close family of brothers. My father was in the Air Force so the concept of this tight military family is very special in my eyes. And of course, Maya Banks is an incredibly talented author; she's done a great job creating this family of alpha males who form the Kelly Group, Inc., a private special ops and security company that often contracts with our government. But what pulls the KGIfamily together is Marlene, mother to the 5 Kelly boys, wife to their father and adopter of "strays" (she routinely brings home stray animals and people which are always incorporated into the family. Her latest addition is Randy, a beligerant 17 year old girl).

In Hidden Away, middle son Garrett is roped into a mission by their CIA contact, one he relishes because of the target - Marcus, a traitor who caused the deaths of several of his Marine teammates and who shot Garrett in the leg about 6 years ago. He is to shadow Marcus's half sister, Sarah, so that when her brother comes for her, Garrett can take him down. Unfortunately Sarah is skittish because she's been through the most horrible violation a woman can go through.

Of course Garrett and Sarah fall for each other. The action is intense, and the family rallies to defend their brother and his new love. I enjoyed how Ms. Banks would occassionally drop into the lives of Marlene, Rusty and the wives, and teased us with continued interaction between 2 KGI teammates who I bet we'll see more of in a future book.

There were so many good things about Hidden Away, and the story deserved a solid 4 stars. I almost rated KGI#3 3 stars, however, because of the incredible amount of typos and extreme lack of proofreading. For the first time, I feel like I should e-mail the publisher and tell them that their plentiful boo-boos almost made me give this book up! Spellcheck is not enough, it approves "real" words even though the intended word is not what was typeset. Argh!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Away.

06/19/2011 page 212
06/19/2011 page 212
66.0% "Man, I hate it when there are so many typos in a book! Doesn't anyone proofread these things before they publish them?"

message 1: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Great review Cindi, Oh no not another typo filled series. I thought it was just Lora Leigh that got away with the lazy editing

Cindi Nope! I'm gonna start keeping a journal on these authors and letting them know how many typos I find afterwards. My bran steps each time so I may ass will stop nad write them down ;)

message 3: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Good idea. It really ruins things for me to. I feel cheated, like they didn't care enough to edit the book why should I be reading it.