Shelley's Reviews > The White Woman on the Green Bicycle

1947862
Jun 15, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: read-2011, caribbean

This book felt neverending to me. I loved her descriptions of Trinidad - you can literally feel the humidity and see the colours...and the history lessons were interesting as well. An author has to be gutsy to write a novel where the main characters are so unlikeable. After a while the whining just got to me..
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The White Woman on the Green Bicycle.

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Added it to my to-read list based on the cover alone! Actually, the story intrigued me; I've been wanting to read more Caribbean writers' works...and it'll be as close as I'll get to the Caribbean this year!

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris The cover caught my eye as well! :-)

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa That's the "problem" with books today -- the covers are all so beautiful, what's inside must be good! Unfortunately, the old adage, "you can't judge a book by its cover," rings true at times. Thank goodness for book reviews!

message 4: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Yikes. Is it a long book? I'll give it a try as library books are free; I don't feel guilty if I can't take it anymore!

Shelley Not too long, just over 400 pages.

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Well, I'll put it on the back burner; this summer so many 300+ page books have bullied their way onto my reading list -- thank goodness I'm not a Ken Follett or Diana Gabaldon fan (I'm sure they're great -- very popular @ library -- genres and, yes, size of books keep me away!)