Valerie's Reviews > Clarity

Clarity by Kim Harrington

Jun 15, 2011

Read in June, 2011

Clarity, otherwise known as Clare, comes from quite a different family. She, her mother, and her brother all possess special abilities. Her father isn't in the picture. They use these abilities to run their business, where they do readings out of their home. When a tourist turns up dead, Clare's ex asks her to help solve what happened because his father is mayor. Of course, there is a new boy with a mysterious past in the picture too, and his father is the new detective hired at the police station. Some people believe in Clare's ability, and many do not. Will she be able to solve the murder before anyone else gets hurt, and will people maybe start believing that she is for real?
I did have a lot of issues with this book. Why would the police put 3 16 year-olds in charge of such a big investigation? They were given a lot of privileges that not many non-police would be given, let alone teenagers. Also, some things happen with her brother that sound exactly like a story line in the first Sookie Stackhouse book, to the point that I couldn't get over it.
I gave this book 4 stars instead of 3 because there aren't a lot of really good teen mysteries out there. I did want to know who killed the girl and why, and I was pretty surprised by the answer. Otherwise, the actual story was pretty far-fetched, and characters weren't developed well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clarity.