Angie's Reviews > Witch Song

Witch Song by Amber Argyle

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult

Synopsis: "The Witch Hunters have come for Brusenna, for she is the last. All the others have been captured by the Dark Witch. And without their magical songs to control nature, the world is dying.

Though young and untrained, Brusenna must succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find the Dark Witch. Fight her. Defeat her. If Brusenna fails, there will be nothing left to save—for the Witches, for mankind, or for the young Guardian who has committed his life to protecting hers."

My Review: This story really captured my attention quickly. You can't help but feel for Brusenna and struggle through all her hardships with her. I loved Joshen, he is everything a hero should be, he is brave, loyal, and fearless and most of all completely in love with Senna. While I really enjoyed a lot of the adventure and interactions between the characters, it seemed like there were just too many obstacles to overcome. Things were repeatedly thrown in Senna's way and even after she accomplished her goal when you would have liked to give her a break she still had to fight her way through. All of these battles and hardships resulted in her being almost too perfect and being able to fix everything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witch Song.

June 15, 2011 – Shelved