Trish Kitty Taylor ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***'s Reviews > Engage

Engage by Drew Elyse

Wow. Damn I do seriously have a weakness for MC’s but Drew Elyse is has honestly fast become one of my firm favs. Having read the first 2 books in the Disciple’s Daughters MC I’ve been waiting rather impatiently for #3 – Engage – Jager’s story & fuck me it was soooo worth it. This book packed such an epic punch – an utter onslaught of emotions, that once it sunk its sharp little claws into my soul, I knew I was ruined - it was never ever letting me go.

Seriously – OHHH THE FEELS!!! The entire story was so emotionally raw, powerful, sexual, explosive & tense, that it owned me literally from the first pages. Hard hitting from the off, I became so quickly invested in this storyline & the characters, that I just couldn’t put it down.

Ember is beautiful, strong & feisty. She is the daughter of one of the Disciples’ & although she wasn’t raised physically in the Club compound, she still her father ways – which she is proud & grateful for. Little did she know that she would be taken & the only thing that would potentially save her would be making sure her captors knew she belongs to the Savage Disciples.

Waking in a strange room & then confronted with the powerfully imposing body of a man she can’t tear her eyes from, leaves her scared & confused, but ready to fight - that is until she realises while staring at this beautiful man, that the MC have saved her. What she doesn’t realise is that this is just the start of her nightmare & distractions can be dangerous. She yearns for Jager & the power he holds, needing the feeling of utter submission to find the peace she so desperately craves. It was meant to be just sex, no emotional strings attached. So why does her heart want more.

Jager, fuck I loved this man hard in all of his damaged, broken, tortured ways. He is ravaged by the past, a one that has held him prisoner for most of his life. He can’t talk about that tragic night, - he can’t deal with the emotion, anger & rage that consumes him. Instead he has become a monster with a thirst for power, violence & dominance. His heart is cold; he knows he will never love or care for anything but the club - until Ember. The girl who sets him on fire, who’s beauty ignites his senses & consumes him whole. He can protect her, but he can’t be her saviour. Determined his darkness will always over shadow her light, he refuses to see what the rest of his brothers already know – he’s done for. Can he let her go, or will she be the one that he finally tears down his walls for?

OMG their journey is hard, painful & raw. At times, I seriously held my breath as the plot twists unfolded & then others I cried for this perfectly broken couple to accept the love they each had to offer. Drew’s character development was brilliant as she led me on a journey of discovery with them, stripping back their defences & showing just how vulnerable, even the strongest can be.
And seriously – have I mentioned the sex?? Gawd Jager what a dirty, dark but utterly delicious alpha he is & fuck if I didn’t lust after him. What this man is capable of would leave any hot-blooded female wanting more. The sexual chemistry between them was as powerful, dominant & raw as their personalities & for me it gave the story a whole other dimension – I loved it!

It does help if you read the other 2 books first as some of the characters are in this book too, but it isn’t essential. That said, I love to start my journeys at the beginning, so it was fantastic to see old friends throughout this book & catch up on where their lives have taken them. You also learn a little about others who so far have stayed in the shadows – like Ace!!! Eeeeek I can’t wait for his story. I need that secret!!!

A fabulous 5 star read from me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Engage.

September 26, 2016 – Shelved