Robin's Reviews > Lazy Crafternoon

Lazy Crafternoon by Stella Fields

Sep 25, 2016

liked it
bookshelves: crafty, netgalley

Lazy Crafternoon is a crafting book for the tween range. I love the idea of a lazy crafternoon, which Fields describes as “a day you spend with your friends, each of you making something incredible.” This book contains more than 50 easy crafts that kids can mostly make on their own, with a few simple supplies. The book is divided into five sections; accessories, decorations, school supplies, party and gift crafts, and foods. There are several decoupage crafts throughout the book, and well as crafts that involve sewing. Some of the best ideas come in the decorate section, like the No-Sew Pillows and the Ribbon Wreath. I also like the paper crafts shown. Kids can learn to make their own cards, envelopes, and gift tags. At the end is a food section, with cute edibles that can be served during the crafternoon.

I originally picked this book to see if it would be appropriate for my 14-year-old daughter and her friends. I think it would be a little basic for this age, I would recommend it for the craft-loving tween range. Overall, Lazy Crafternoon has many basic projects that would appeal to tweens. I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lazy Crafternoon.

September 24, 2016 – Started Reading