A.C. Cuddy's Reviews > Hebrew Word Study: Revealing the Heart of God

Hebrew Word Study by Chaim Bentorah

“Hebrew is a language of poetry and pictures. With Chaim Bentorah's expertise, you will see how to examine not just word definitions, but also the origin of the words, their place in the culture and idioms of the day, and even their emotional context. Through this devotional, you will walk the road less traveled as you uncover the deeper spiritual messages in God's Word. In the process, you will discover the heart of God toward you and come to know Him better. You will see just how beautiful the Word of God is and, most of all, you will see the beauty of God Himself and love Him all the more.”

I loved this book! As the author says, “I would love to walk in the garden and converse with God as Adam did; Alas, the reality is that our most authoritative source for understanding Him is what is written in Scripture that came from the heart of God into a human language that we can’t understand, and were then translated into yet another language that we can understand.” Therein lies the heart of it… and this book cuts through all of that, brings us beyond the dozens of translations of the Word to discover the heart of God.

While you could certainly read and study each of the 90 chapters as a daily devotion, I chose to study 5 chapters with titles that matched how the circumstances of my situation at that time. These ease in which the author delivers a vast amount of information tying it all together with scripture and with word choices and then brings it all together at the end by asking the reader a pointed question for further reflection.

This is a great study book and would also make a great daily devotional or small group study. However you choose to use it, it is a must have for your collection.

*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through the “For Readers Only” group at The Book Club Network, in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

*Reviews of this book were posted at the following locations:
Amazon, Christian Book, Deeper Shopping, Goodreads, and to be featured on my blog at http://titus3.wordpress.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hebrew Word Study.

September 10, 2016 – Started Reading