Michelle 's Reviews > The Replacement Crush

The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts

Sep 23, 2016

bookshelves: awesome-romance, best-of-2016, kindle, review-on-blog

The Replacement crush is a young adult contemporary romance by Lisa Brown Roberts. I heart this book. It has been so long since I have read a standalone young adult romance that was so cute and adorkable that it put a huge smile on my face, like this book did. I had a blast with the replacement crush. It reminded me everything that I love about young adult contemporary romances. I love the brisk pace of the story. I love the solid friendships, and the cute flush of high school crushes.

Vivian is burned by a secret summer fling that wants nothing to do with her when school starts. (jerk alert!!) so she decides that what she needs to get over said jerk is to come up with a replacement crush, which I have to say, is a solid plan. But, and here is the real kicker...she doesn't want anyone on the list that she could actually see herself liking. She wants to play it safe and just pick guys that she can feel comfortable with but not fall for. Insert the new guy, Dallas here. Dallas is what Vivian and her bff like to call nerd-hot. And let me tell you nerd-hot is my kryptonite. I love Dallas so much, I can't even adequately express my love for him in words. Let's just say he is easily a contender for top book boyfriend of 2016.

It was so much fun to watch Vivian and Dallas embark on what I am going to call the crush dance. You know what I am talking about. When you like someone, or you are starting to like someone and you do that awkward, but totally adorable dance around one another, not wanting to admit what you might be feeling, but also wanting to spend time with the other person, and looking for clues and hints for how the other person feels about you. My heart just can't handle the total cuteness of the crush dance and of this book. I love Viv and Dallas.

Lisa Brown Roberts is a god to of mine for young adult contemporary romances. I know I can always expect great characters, cute dialogue and plot situations and an all around fun read. And The Replacement Crush might just be my favorite of hers yet! Trust me, you will fall in love with Dallas. (but pick another book boyfriend because this nerd-hot guy is MINE.)

This review was originally posted on Book Briefs

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Replacement Crush.

September 22, 2016 – Started Reading