Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > Brutally Beautiful

Brutally Beautiful by Christine Zolendz

Sep 23, 2016

bookshelves: abusive-past, dark, dual-pov, medical, suspense, sexy-times, writer

Whoa! Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa!!

This story was jam-packed with so many feels and I'm not talking the warm and fuzzy kind. Christine Zolendz did an incredible job of blending drama, family, friendship, chemistry, eroticism, pain, despair and trauma. She did all that and still found a way to inject a lot of humour along the way.

Samantha was a brilliant and renowned head trauma surgeon, but she was running away from her life. She was escaping a life filled with lies and was hoping to outrun and overcome her demons. My impressions of Sam were that she was strong, beautiful (inside and out), loving, generous, compassionate, intelligent, witty, and a freaking survivor with balls of steel.

Kade was equally damaged. He survived an extremely traumatic event in his youth and hasn't been the same since. He's lost all of his joy in life. He has cut himself off from society, isolating himself with his darkness. His pain has sparked a successful career as an author of horror. I for one loved getting the chance to explore Kade's mind through his POV. It was dark and twisted, as I expected, but I adored the way he viewed every thing. I especially loved how obsessive he became for Sam. LOVED IT!!

That quote right there... ^^^^^^^... That's Sam and Kade.

I enjoyed the banter these two shared. It had a life of its own. Tennis or Ping Pong-worthy banter. The humour gave some relief to the depth of the story, a bit of light in such a dark tunnel. Otherwise it really would have been too depressing for our broken (or not so broken?) heroes and no one wants that. I'm sure Cold-Blooded Beautiful will deal with Samantha's monster aka David and I cannot wait to bear witness to his destruction.

I recommend this book to any and all who love their books intense, dark, sexy and suspenseful!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brutally Beautiful.

September 22, 2016 – Started Reading
September 23, 2016 – Shelved as: suspense
September 23, 2016 – Shelved as: sexy-times
September 23, 2016 – Shelved as: writer
September 23, 2016 – Finished Reading

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Fab review, darling!! This was one of my favorite mini series!! xx

message 2: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

Natalie The Biblioholic Jenny wrote: "Fab review, darling!! This was one of my favorite mini series!! xx"

Thanks hun! I can see why... it's fantastic! xx

Natalie The Biblioholic Jessica's wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Thanks love! xx

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Fab review Natalie :) x

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Excellent review! :D

Natalie The Biblioholic Alicia wrote: "Fab review Natalie :) x"

Natalie The Biblioholic Eve wrote: "Excellent review! :D"

Thanks Eve xx

message 9: by Choko (new)

Choko Great review!!!

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ Awesome review, babe! xx

message 11: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Fab review, Natalie! ❤️

Natalie The Biblioholic Choko wrote: "Great review!!!"

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ wrote: "Awesome review, babe! xx"

Jen wrote: "Fab review, Natalie! ❤️"

Thank you very much ladies! xoxoxo

message 13: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Great review Natalie. Currently checking it out and adding it to my TBR...

Natalie The Biblioholic Tricia wrote: "Great review Natalie. Currently checking it out and adding it to my TBR..."

Thanks Tricia! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! xo

message 15: by Pam (new)

Pam Nelson Fab Review Natalie! :-D <3

Natalie The Biblioholic Pam wrote: "Fab Review Natalie! :-D <3"

Thanks babes! xoxo

message 17: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra I've had this on my TBR list for awhile now...looked your review made me want to take the book down and read it:)

Natalie The Biblioholic Debra wrote: "I've had this on my TBR list for awhile now...looked your review made me want to take the book down and read it:)"

Oh you should definitely take it down. It's soooo good!

message 19: by Nikki (new) - added it

Nikki I'm raiding your shelves, girl...and so far I have a friggin list that's getting pretty full. Awesome review, also <3

Natalie The Biblioholic Nikki wrote: "I'm raiding your shelves, girl...and so far I have a friggin list that's getting pretty full. Awesome review, also <3"

That's cool! That's pretty much how I find books myself ;) And thanks boo! xo