Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Meeting The Unpredictable

Meeting The Unpredictable by Riann C. Miller

Sep 22, 2016

description

O-M-G the Feels in the book...the F-E-E-L-S...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU Riann Miller for gifting me an ARC of this fabulous book of yours.

description
"Lennie, I tried not to like you, but I couldn’t. I tried like hell not to fall in love with you, but I ended up loving everything about you. You make me crazy in a way I didn’t know was possible."
description

Tyler Brooker spends his days locked away in his apartment working and avoiding all that life has to offer. Boring, safe and predictable, that's the way he enjoys it. That's the way he plans on keeping it. Until one day the opposite of "boring, safe, and predictable" knocks on his door asking to borrow some oil.

Lennie Jacobs is a tatted up rebel. Wandering from place to place and never setting down roots. Experience has taught Lennie that life is short and tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

What starts out as friendship soon turns into something more.

description
"You’re used to running, but Lennie you need to know something.” I put my arm around her waist and lock her body tight against mine. “If you run, I’ll chase you.” Her eyes flare as my heart rate increases. “You can run to the ends of the earth and I’ll still chase you because you matter to me. You’re a priority to me."

description

I honestly don't know how what to write in this review that would do this book an ounce of justice. I ADORED every minute of this thing. The writing is spectacular, so much so, I simply decided eating was of much less importance than me continuing to read this from cover to cover.

I ADORED Lennie. She was quirky and feisty and just lived a life on her own terms. No matter what people threw at her, she didn't let it get her down. That said, my heart ACHED for her SO many times. And underneath the "in your face" attitude she had this heartbreaking vulnerability that just made me want to give her the biggest hug.

description
"Sometimes you have to walk in the dark in order to see the sunlight.” My hand freezes as she continues. “But nobody warns you that the darkness can last so unbelievably long that you can forget the sun exists."
description

Tyler was a fantastic hero as well. Hurt by a huge betrayal six years earlier he now spends most of this time locked away and avoiding life. To say he wasn't all that thrilled when Lennie pushed her way into his life would be an understatement. I loved watching Lennie slowly pull Tyler out of his self imposed prison and back into life. He was such a sweet and understanding hero. Even when Lennie made things difficult, he stuck in there and wasn't letting her go.

description

This also had some interesting side characters. Lennie's sister and Tyler's roommate seem like maybe they will be getting their own book (I hope so) Lennie's parents and Tyler's parents both needed to be smacked around at points during this book. As did Tyler's brother Brandon. If this is indeed going to be a series, the groundwork was laid beautifully for it.

I honestly don't know what else to say. I LOVED it. I laughed. I smiled. I cried like a little baby. It even had a wonderful epilogue (so rare lately) My recommendation...go forth and read this beautiful book.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meeting The Unpredictable.

September 22, 2016 – Shelved
September 22, 2016 – Shelved as: oct-arcs-to-review
September 27, 2016 – Started Reading
September 27, 2016 – Finished Reading

Bev Enjoy x

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Bev wrote: "Enjoy x"

Thanks Bev! :D

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Fantastic review Sweetie, Glad you loved it :) x

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Alicia wrote: "Fantastic review Sweetie, Glad you loved it :) x"

Thanks Darling! It was FANTASTIC! :D

message 5: by Barbara➰ (new) - added it

Barbara➰ Awesome review!!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Barbara wrote: "Awesome review!!"

Thanks Babycakes! :D

message 7: by Denna✌ (new)

Denna✌ This one sounds Awesome!!! Great review Eve :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Denna✌ wrote: "This one sounds Awesome!!! Great review Eve :)"

It really was! Thanks! :D

Olga therebelreader Awesomer eview, babe!!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Olga therebelreader wrote: "Awesomer eview, babe!!"

Thanks Darling! :D

message 11: by JewelsyGoolsy (new)

JewelsyGoolsy Stellar review Eve!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Stellar review Eve!"

Thanks Darling! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Garrett~Dean~Rafe~Liam~Beck~ & Archer wrote: "Great review Hun! :)
xoxo"

Thanks Doll! :D

♥ WishfulMiss ♥ Awesome review Eve! Sounds like a really great read! Adding to my TBR now :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) ♥ WishfulMiss ♥ wrote: "Awesome review Eve! Sounds like a really great read! Adding to my TBR now :)"

Thank you! I enjoyed it a lot. :D

Christie«SHBBblogger» Fab review, Eve! <3

message 18: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie The Biblioholic Stunning review! You don't know how to do this book justice? Well, for someone who had no idea how to do so, I've got to stay you did a stellar job of illustrating how great this story is. I'll be adding it to my tbr!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Thanks Nat! It was really a great book! :D

message 21: by Jen (new)

Jen Super review, and so happy that you got so many of those "Feels' you love!! That is so why I love reading so much, the books that gets our passion going!!!!

message 22: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Terrific review Eve! :)

message 23: by DW (new)

DW Great review, hon!! ;)

message 24: by Nicla (new)

Nicla Fantastic review Eve :)

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Fab review, Eve! xx

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Jen wrote: "Super review, and so happy that you got so many of those "Feels' you love!! That is so why I love reading so much, the books that gets our passion going!!!!"

Thanks Darling! :D I was sobbing like a little baby! *lol*

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Aisling Zena wrote: "Terrific review Eve! :)"

Thanks Babe! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) DW wrote: "Great review, hon!! ;)"

Thanks Darling! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Nicla3 wrote: "Fantastic review Eve :)"

Thanks Darling! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ wrote: "Fab review, Eve! xx"

Thanks Lana! :D

message 31: by NMmomof4 (new) - added it

NMmomof4 Terrific review, honey!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) NMmomof4 wrote: "Terrific review, honey!"

Thanks Darling! :D

message 33: by Irene (new)

Irene Wonderful review Eve, adding it to my must read list <3

message 34: by Irene (new)

Irene Wonderful review Eve, adding it to my must read list <3

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Irene wrote: "Wonderful review Eve, adding it to my must read list <3"

message 36: by Janie (new) - added it

Janie Fantastic review babe!! This one is definitely going on my tbr shelf if you loved it that much ;)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Janie wrote: "Fantastic review babe!! This one is definitely going on my tbr shelf if you loved it that much ;)"

Thanks Babycakes! I think you'll love it as well. :D

message 38: by Janie (new) - added it

Janie And I just saw it comes out tomorrow. Perfect!!

NiCoLeTa E. Wow!!! This review is awesome!!!
I really have to check this book out!!! ;D xx

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "Wow!!! This review is awesome!!!
I really have to check this book out!!! ;D xx"

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Fab review, Eve! xx

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Fab review, Eve! xx"

Thank you! :D

Carvanz What a wonderful review Eve! I have definitely got to check this one out.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Carvanz wrote: "What a wonderful review Eve! I have definitely got to check this one out."

Thanks Darling! :D

message 45: by Judith (new)

Judith Terrific review,sweetheart,x

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Judith wrote: "Terrific review,sweetheart,x"

Dilek VT Great review...

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Dilek wrote: "Great review..."

Thanks! :D

Dilek VT Eve wrote: "Dilek wrote: "Great review..."

Thanks! :D"

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Dilek wrote: "Eve wrote: "Dilek wrote: "Great review..."

Thanks! :D"

I bought it and will start soon Eve... I was considering and then, your review made me want to read it... :)"

Yay! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :D