Jenna's Reviews > Legacy

Legacy by Cayla Kluver

Jun 14, 2011

bookshelves: arc-to-review, netgalley, historical-ya-fiction
Recommended to Jenna by: net galley
Recommended for: Graceling fans
Read from June 29 to July 03, 2011

LEGACY. I absolutely adore the cover and the title itself piqued my interest. It had a tinge of seriousness to it. Plus it sounded political mixed with other interesting ideas, thus I was so intrigued by it.
Let me just say that this book is so long and I was quite busy during the time I started reading this. However, even at the beginning of the story, I was already captivated. Imagine my awe at Cayla Kluver who wrote this when she was just 14! When I was fourteen I read novels, but writing one was not on my list. I only wrote essays and term papers, and on my journal, but no novels. The story plot was just so well-thought. Her descriptions of the setting, scenery, people, dresses, surroundings and the situation was very detailed and one you can easily understand and at the same time appreciate.
The characters. I have always been fascinated with the earlier century times, and so I truly enjoyed the characters. Alera’s wit and honesty and persuasiveness was captivating. I enjoyed her bickerings with Steldor, it was as if they were the real couple. Narian was a very interesting character. Though he kind of emerged well into the first half of the book, the way his fondness and relationship with Alera developed slowly, and thus you can see the conservativeness of the book.
Nearing the end, I was so excited to finish the book. However, while reading, I noticed the things happening are not suited to my liking for the ending. Then I remembered that this was a trilogy! Imagine my frustration that I will have to wait for the next books of this SUPER FASCINATING and INTRIGUING novel! What will happen now? I know there will be war though. Where is Narian? I know he will be found, but what will happen then? AAAaHHH. I have so many guesses but I’m afraid I have to settle them first,and just wait.

Cayla Kluver, btw, you really amazed me. Well done!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy.

06/29/2011 page 36
8.0% "i really wanna read on but i have to go." 2 comments
07/03/2011 page 467
94.0% "this wedding is so sad! what the?"
07/03/2011 page 468
94.0% "okay. so i was confused, you can’t really blame me! i didn’t know such “betrothal ceremony” exists! so..it was not yet the wedding."
show 2 hidden updates…