Candace Robinson's Reviews > A Darker Shade of Magic

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

Read 2 times. Last read March 2, 2017 to March 14, 2017.

So, the first time I tried to read this book, I quit. I just could not get into it. Maybe it was all the different London talk? I recently read This Savage Song and loved it, so I wanted to give this another shot. Normally, I don't change my mind about a book, but I did here!

I loved the characters!!! Kell! Lila! Especially Lila, because she puts the A in awesome!!! Plus the freaking magic was a-a-mazing! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Darker Shade of Magic.

September 22, 2016 – Started Reading
September 22, 2016 – Shelved
September 22, 2016 –
page 44
11.06% "I am not getting this..."
September 22, 2016 – Finished Reading
March 2, 2017 – Started Reading
March 2, 2017 –
page 0
0.0% "Okay I am attempting to finish this one more time..."
March 12, 2017 –
page 200
50.0% "This is getting pretty good!"
March 14, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Joanna (joreadsalot) How comes? Will you be reviewing?

Candace Robinson Joanna wrote: "How comes? Will you be reviewing?"

I feel like I didn't get far enough to give a proper review. That is why I didn't rate it, but I wasn't a fan of the way the writing flow. Also I was getting pretty bored like text book reading bored lol. I think I am the odd man out because most people seem to love this book!

Chelsea Hall i hope this happens to me too! I couldn't get in to it at first :(

Candace Robinson Chelsea wrote: "i hope this happens to me too! I couldn't get in to it at first :("

The second book is supposed to be better from what I hear. Once I tried the second time and got past the first few chapters it started getting better.

P Terrific review, Candace ! I bought this book yesterday and I'll read it asap :)

Candace Robinson P wrote: "Terrific review, Candace ! I bought this book yesterday and I'll read it asap :)"

Thanks!! I can't wait to see what you think about it!