Amber's Reviews > Naked

Naked by David Sedaris

Jun 13, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: read-in-2011, real-life

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked.

May 25, 2011 – Started Reading
June 13, 2011 – Shelved
June 25, 2011 –
page 34
11.18% "Sedaris' characters are always so unforgettable. Loved the first story in this collection particularly."
June 26, 2011 –
page 121
39.8% "As he moves along, some of the content gets a little rambly, but it's not easy to edit a life. He still is hooking me in, with is saying something, with non- fiction."
June 26, 2011 –
page 142
46.71% "I liked Planet of the Apes. Again, a little rambly, but it made me the tiniest bit guilty for never picking up hitchhikers. He definitely LIVED his life. Good for him."
June 27, 2011 –
page 153
50.33% "Defaults is a self-admitted bad person. Or at least he used to be. The Incomplete Quad is a sadder, more bitter story than those preceding."
June 28, 2011 –
page 202
66.45% ""C.O.G" was a very long story that could have very well be split into two shorter, more interesting pieces: one about apple-picking, and one about the jade clock. Putting them together made it feel rambly and one part got lost from the other."
June 28, 2011 –
page 250
82.24% "As he gets older, Sedaris' stories become less focused, usually sharing two stories under one title."
June 29, 2011 –
page 291
95.72% "I've noticed that Sedaris feels the need to explain all of his motivation in detail before telling the reader the story. Okay, that's fine. Took me until the end of the book to figure it out."
June 29, 2011 – Finished Reading