Ellyn → Allonsythornraxx's Reviews > The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis

29281984

liked it
bookshelves: middlegrade, stars-3
Read 2 times. Last read December 4, 2019.

04/12/2019
3 ⭐
I read this a few years ago and was less than impressed but I honestly forgot that I'd ever read this and I recently felt the need to watch the movies (which I still haven't done) so I decided to try reading this until I watch the movies. I won't lie, I know absolutely nothing about this world but, I did enjoy this. I won't say it was amazing, but I'm certainly interested in contiuing this series. Honestly, this book might have just pulled me out of my reading slump.
rtc

21 September, 2016
2 ⭐
Unfortunately I just didn't enjoy this. I tried to read this a few years ago but put it down and then ended up giving my copy away. Everyone seems to love this series so even though I didn't care for this one I will probably pick up the next ones over time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magician's Nephew.

September 21, 2016 – Started Reading
September 21, 2016 – Shelved
September 21, 2016 – Shelved as: middlegrade
September 21, 2016 – Finished Reading
August 10, 2019 – Shelved as: series-tbr
December 3, 2019 –
page 50
22.62% "I am definitely the last one to the party with this one and I have no idea what's happening but it's not as bad as I thought it would be, so that's nice.
Also, is the lion supposed to be God??? I'm getting Christianity vibes"
December 3, 2019 – Shelved as: stars-3
December 4, 2019 – Started Reading
December 4, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Mairenn (new)

Mairenn Narnia! I haven't read this one though. I followed the movie sequence when I read this series.

Ellyn   → Allonsythornraxx Mairenn wrote: "Narnia! I haven't read this one though. I followed the movie sequence when I read this series."

I did enjoy this and it's probably more fun if you've read the other books!