Jennifer's Reviews > Awakened

Awakened by Ednah Walters

Jun 13, 2011

Read in June, 2011

I have been awakened to what is the start of a great series. There is so much that I liked about this book. Lil (Lilith) is an average teenager who is just trying to fit in. The only problem is that she is not normal. She has recently turned 16 and now her powers are awakening. Bran is a demon who is trying to make things right. He needs Lil's help to persuade her grandfather that his intentions are good. Lil's grandfather has been keeping secrets from Lil and now has to clue her in to what her powers are and what it means. Lil is learning things that she has to accept quickly. Her grandfather is a guardian and so is she. She begins training with four other young guardians. Bran's situation puts all of them on the fast track to testing all they have learned.
This first book has so much going on. So much information coming at the reader that there are many questions answered but new ones to take their place. I liked the way the four young guardians ban together to help Lil when she needs them. They ban together with such loyalty and force that they solidify their places in this series. There is just the right amount of plot building and conflict. The book wraps up nicely but with a hint of what could come next. Now that I am awake I have to have more. I am anxiously awaiting the next book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened.