Beth ~ Panda & Boodle's Reviews > Chasing the High

Chasing the High by Beth Michele

“I don’t just love pieces of you. I love the whole of you.”

Yes! This! This is exactly how I feel about Beth Michele’s Chasing the High. I loved it—the whole of it.

Gathering my thoughts is proving to be a challenge, so forgive me. But… This book, y'all. It's so beautiful. It's this gentle, sensual, soft, gorgeous romance. It’s fluttering butterfly feelings, and aches deep within for characters that are just wonderful.

Sam and Drew are simply perfect. From their meet-cute to their banter, from their friendship to the slow-burn of their love, Chasing the High is an excellent, well-written, perfectly paced, sexy and sweet love story. In feel, if not in terms of actual timeline, it slowly swelled with chemistry, questions, hopes for the future. It had bumps that challenged, pasts that left bruises and scars, and tension that made me want to flip the pages without pause.

It had these two men who made me swoon.

I highlighted so much of this book. So many beautiful words, sentences, sentiments. So many moments that made me think that Ms. Michele was writing this book for me, not just for me to enjoy. I read this book, and I fell in love with this author’s words and with her characters, not for the first time.

And now, I'm writing this review, and trying to make sense of how I feel. Trying to capture the magic that was Chasing the High. Trying to explain why I didn't just love this book.

I loved the WHOLE of it.

There was no other way to describe this—us. Except that it felt right.

~ FIVE Paradise STARS ~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing the High.

September 20, 2016 – Shelved
September 20, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
October 7, 2016 – Started Reading
October 9, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Gigi Gah, best quote! Loved this one!

Beth ~ Panda & Boodle ❤️