Andrea Salayová's Reviews > The Complete Poetry

The Complete Poetry by Edgar Allan Poe

bookshelves: classics, nostalgia, perfect-autumn-reads, poetry, quick-reads, romance

“From childhood's hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone.”

God, how I love the poetry of Edgar Allan Poe. It has some weird almost musical elements to it, rhytm, that cannot be found in most of modern poems... Also, It reeks of melancholy, which I love.

There is nothing like Edgar Allan Poe. I wish I could meet him. 5/5

Side note: Funny story, first time I have heard of the Raven was on one episode of The Gilmore girls, where they had to suffer through listening to the poem over and over again and it felt like the most boring thing ever... Then I read it and fell in love with it and couldn´t understand why they hated it so much lol :D Oh how time flies :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Poetry.

September 20, 2016 – Started Reading
October 23, 2016 – Shelved as: poetry
October 23, 2016 – Shelved as: quick-reads
October 23, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
October 23, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by T. (new)

T. Kozumplik difficult to rhyme like he does in English- assonance, alliteration, end and meter. I like how in Slavic languages the grammar forces you to rhyme in sounds, so that everyone sounds poetic. :)

Andrea Salayová Yes! that is why I prefer reading him in english :) I prefer reading everything in the language it was written :D when it is possible of course