Kristi Metcalf's Reviews > Year of the Scorpio: Part One

Year of the Scorpio by Stacy Gail

I received a copy for a honest review

Well I have always said everyone deserves love even bad boys and Marco Polo Scorpeone one baaaaaad boy, well maybe not too bad.
For those of you that have read Gail's House of Payne series you might remember Scorpio, as he likes his enemies to call him Polo to his friend, from Rude and Sass's book. For those of you who have not them two things: one read that series and two Scorpio works for the head of the Vitaliev Bratva which is the lead Russian mob family.
He was given to the Vitaliev family as a child to stop a war and though he was treated like a son he never forgot why he was there, who sent him there, or that he essentially was a prisoner all his life. He grew up and became the go to guy for the head of the family and lead bodyguard for Dasha Vitaliev. Now he's free.
Dasha Vitaliev, she is not some pampered princess living in the dark she knows what her father, now her brother, does. She also knows that Polo has been gone for six months following the death of her father and he's back.
These two are great together. When you read the whole back story of the Vitaliev/Scorrpeone war you're amazed these two come out of it as well as they have. The darkness of the early years have tainted some, like Dash's brother, but have made these two strong.
What I love about them is she knows what he has done all these years while employed for her family, but she doesn't care she sees the man. He thought he needed to be "clean" for her, but he just needed to be him. Shit hits the fan while these two are becoming a couple, Polo vows to do anything to keep her safe as she's his reason for living. I think he's surprised when she tells him to do it, she's knows no matter what he does or who he has to go through, he is still her Polo.
Now I'm gonna warn you, you'll need tissues as this is a mafia story and people die and it's not just the bad guys. Oh, and you'll wanna throw your device but remember this is only Part One of the story so DO NOT DO ITT!!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Year of the Scorpio.

Finished Reading