David's Reviews > God Never Blinks: 50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours

God Never Blinks by Regina Brett

M 50x66
Jun 13, 2011

Recommended to David by: Found by browsing
Recommended for: Mostly anyone struggling with life

Every once in a while I like to read/listen to books like this. This one was easy to listen to because it is divided up into short segments pertaining to 50 individual topics. The author writes a column for some Ohio newspaper, and these are like reading some of her columns, I would imagine. The "lessons" are not exceptionally new, but as I said, I occasionally like to read books like this to see what other people are thinking about, what they consider the "difficult" situations in life, and how they suggest handling them. It's entertaining, like having a one-way conversation with someone, and there is the opportunity to learn something if you keep an open mind.

Regina Brett seems to have been through quite a bit, but in the process she seems to have learned something. This book was read by the author herself, which I usually enjoy a bit more than hearing a book read by a professional actor or oral reader, so you also get the added dimension of hearing from the person who is behind the statements being made. As I mentioned, Regina Brett was very entertaining, conversational, and had quite a number of insights into how to handle some of life's difficulties, quite a number of which she's had!

Generally I liked what she had to say, occasionally of course I felt she had placed some emphasis on something I didn't think was that important, but overall I think I learned something from getting to know this person a bit. I gave this four stars because not only did I really like the book, it inspired me to be a better person, aside from being engaging, entertaining, etc.

Maybe I can write some specifics later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Never Blinks.