Amanda Scott's Reviews > Hearts at Stake

Hearts at Stake by Alyxandra Harvey

Jun 12, 2011

bookshelves: on-my-bookshelf
Read in June, 2011

Seriously, I read this book within four hours, and that's a rarity. Yes; it was that good. It has action, humor, and, naturally, romance. It was captivating--obviously, since I read it within four effing hours. It didn't have a single dull moment--not even in the beginning when things were just getting started. I'd recommend this book to anyone who read Vampire Academy and loved it just as much as I did. :)
It's the story about two best friends, one a human, the other a soon-to-be vampire--the only born female vampire in over nine hundred years. Destined to fulfill an ancient prophecy, Solange goes through threats from vampire hunters, a jealous queen, and crazed suitors. The only thing keeping her sane is her best human friend, Lucy, who is currently caught up in the romantic feelings she has for Solange's older brother, Nicholas. When Solange is taken by vampire hunters, Lucy and Nicholas team up to track her down and save her before her sixteenth birthday in a few days--or else . . .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts at Stake.

07/24 marked as: read