Crys's Reviews > Better Late Than Never

Better Late Than Never by Jenn McKinlay

bookshelves: cozy-mystery, mystery, read-in-2017, series

Lindsey is back - and so is another mystery. When the library hosts amnesty day, the returns are so many that the staff has a hard time managing it all.

When a book that was checked out over 20 years ago is returned, Lindsey is curious as to who the book was loaned to. Enter Ms. Cole. She keeps impeccable records. It turns out, the book was checked out to an English teacher who was murdered the same day.

But surely the book's return 20 years later isn't related to the crime. Or is it?

McKinlay delivers in book 7 of this series, and I continue to love this series and Lindsey as a character. Briar Creek is a place I want to live, and I would work for Lindesy in a heartbeat.

I really enjoy the pacing of McKinlay's storytelling as well as her character development. She reveals to us just enough to keep us turning the page and questioning what will come next. This is true in all of her mysteries, but the library lover's series is my favorite.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Better Late Than Never.

September 18, 2016 – Shelved