April Symes's Reviews > Written in the Scars

Written in the Scars by Adriana Locke

WRITTEN IN THE SCARS is one of those books that will have you reaching for tissues almost immediately and in the next breath wanting to shake the hero and hug the heroine and in another breath, turn a fan on because the sexual tension is thick. This is Elin and Ty's story, told in POV. We get at first their story told 7 years prior and then flash forward to when the bad things have happened and Ty has come back to town after hurting a lot of people he loved, especially his wife, Elin. Through the story, we get to see what caused the breakdown of their marriage. From the small things which lead up to the ultimate break(I dare not tell you now because it will give away the spoilers) .
Elin thought Ty was her prince but when things went sour, their love went south and their fairytale love wasn’t a happily-ever-after. Her prince left her, pain became her constant source and she lived her everyday in a nightmare. This is a story of how Elin and Ty found their way thru the pain and anger, thru the heartbreak and agony back to each other with the help of their friends and with each other. Oh its wasn’t easy and lots of tissues will be needed but this was such a story that tells it like it is- with the imperfections. We see all and feel all yet there is hope and romance yet we also see how that heals this couple who suffered so much and deserve to find their way back to each other. I wish I could say more; what I wish say is this is so heartbreakingly real and the emotions will echo inside. You will remember this story long after you put your Kindle down ..for it’s re-read worthy!

My rating: 4.6 stars ****
"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Written in the Scars.

September 18, 2016 – Shelved