Llaph 's Reviews > Betrayal's Price

Betrayal's Price by Lisa Blackwood

bookshelves: kick-ass-heroine, fantasy, swords-sparklies, woo-woo

After reading the sample I was looking forward to reading the whole story, but around midway some things started to bug me.
The world is wonderful; I liked how unique it felt. The different characters and species really piqued my interest. I can’t put my finger on it or come up with the right words, but sometimes it seemed like there was a “and voila! it is done!” sort of feeling about some events. As in something just happened quickly and I thought I might’ve missed a few pages so I went back to see.
The whole lore created around the 12 was intriguing and the concept of Larnkin seemed to be a distinctive touch and made the concept of a magic user something that wasn’t like all of the other fantasy novels out there. The human’s perception of magic was markedly different than how the other races felt about it. That perception made the whole idea of Ashayna having to live in the other races’ world seem a bit more dangerous, until you get to learn about the other races also and see they aren’t as evil as she is taught to believe.
Despite any of my misgivings I enjoyed the book and might pick up the next one because it has an interesting premise to it too.

Just a weird thought I had, but what did the Phoenix do in regards to sleeping? I mean those wings would be a pain in the butt, not to mention their feet. Wouldn’t they tear up a lot of sheets and blankets? Or did they just sit on a perch like regular birds do to sleep?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal's Price.

September 18, 2016 – Started Reading