Elliot's Reviews > Crossroads

Crossroads by Mary Ting

Jun 12, 2011

Wow! This book is totally left open for much, much more, which is exciting because I love books in a series! I can't wait to see Claudia open up and blossom into the full being she can be! I think there is way more to Austin's story than is given in the book. I see a great triangle brewing here. If you remember, Gamma said she sent someone to watch over Claudia and Michael didn't know that! I can not wait to learn more about the Alkins, Michael's friends. I want to know so much more about their personalities and see how they show themselves when they are on Earth. It seems this is the only place they can let themselves "shine" and fall into old habits that they don't remember they had! Michael seems to be a rebel by following his own instincts while trying to be a good leader and follow the laws of the Royal Council. He is torn by what he should do and what his half human heart longs for. As far as the fallen are concerned, as we all know, if one leader dies, there is always another to take his place!
I have read a lot of books about angels and heaven, but not in a fiction setting. It's nice to see that Mary blends from the "real" to the fictional heavenly worlds very smoothly. It is wonderful to be reading a fictional book about a subject I enjoy researching and believe in with all my heart and soul!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossroads.

Quotes Elliot Liked

Mary Ting
“CLAUDIA: I love you as high as the sky and as deep as the sea.

MICHAEL: Multiply my love by infinity and take it to the depths of forever, and you still have only a glimpse of how much I feel for you. I love you more.”
Mary Ting, Crossroads

Mary Ting
“You’re doing it again,” he said.
“Doing what?” I asked, wondering if I had done something wrong.
“Melting my heart with your smile,” he said.”
Mary Ting, Crossroads