Stacey Kym's Reviews > Sworn to Him, Part 4: Burned: (A Billionaire Baby/Marriage of Convenience Romance)

Sworn to Him, Part 4 by Delilah Fawkes

bookshelves: arcs-delilah-fawkes, 2016-reviews

ARC kindly provided by Delilah Fawkes in exchange for an honest review.

Review

'Burned' continues the novella series 'Sworn to Him' and follows Lilly and Damien as the two begin their journey in fulfilling the contract the two have struck.
The 'Sworn to Him' novella series is one that will leave you captivated and reading. They make for awesome short reads! Their word-length makes them for awesome reads when you are on the go or just want to up your tally on the "read" list!
Despite their shortness, these novella still manage to create an intriguing storyline which will keep you wondering and eager to find out what's next for our main characters. Delilah Fawkes managed to real me in and keep me hooked until the very last page! And then leave me gasping, like a fish out of water, for more!
One draw back that I chose to ignore was how the characters were developed. We, as readers, would learn more about Lilly and Damien but on what I thought was a superficial level. We knew who they were and what they acted like but there was a bit of...shallowness to them... They were missing their depth.
It was, however, Lilly and Damien's chemistry that made me discount the drawback above. It was hot and it was sizzling. Like. SIZZLING. I loved how despite their completely different worlds, the two matched. Their strength and playful snarkiness towards each other as well as the funny banter made their relationship one I eager look forward to seeing more of.
I promise you won't regret reading the 'Sworn to Him' series! And, if you've found that you love the sound of these novellas, reading the rest of 'The Billionaire's Beck and Call' series will give you a deeper insight into each of the characters' pasts! You'll love it!
Congratulations to Delilah Fawkes on the publication of 'Burned'!

Rating Plan
1 star : Strongly did not like the book, writing and plot was bad. Idea of the book was against my liking.
2 star : Didn't like it, didn't find it interesting or gripping. Seemed to drag on to me.
3 star : An average book. Wasn't bad or good. Everything else was well done. Original idea.
4 star : Like a 3 star but has potential to it as a series or the book grew on me as it progressed and certain scenes captured me. I Enjoyed it and read it in one sitting.
5 star : I LOVED IT! I stayed up late until 3 am. Author is a genius, characters, plot, idea, development, EVERYTHING was EXCELLENT. Nothing else can possibly be said except that its 5 STAR!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sworn to Him, Part 4.

September 17, 2016 – Shelved