Shy's Reviews > Her Darkest Nightmare

Her Darkest Nightmare by Brenda Novak

Sep 17, 2016

bookshelves: thriller, 2016-books

I fell in love with Brenda Novak's writing the first time I read a book of her which was The Hanover House. I don't think I ever enjoyed reading a psychological thriller as much as I enjoyed this one. Brenda Novak definitely knew what she was doing when she wrote this. I was almost at the edge of my bed gripping at the pages (figuratively since I read an ebook copy) and was both nervous and anticipating as I delve into it. It was an intense read. There were moments that I need to take a pause because I was not really sure I'm ready to face what will happen next.

At the end of the book, I was even torn. I felt like something was wrong with me because I hoped there was something more about Hugo. I could even see where Evelyn's fascination in all these was coming from.

Of course, the romance aspect of the story was like just an icing on top. I would have enjoyed reading it even without it but I must admit it made everything better.

After reading this one, I'm sure now a fan of this author's work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Darkest Nightmare.

September 8, 2016 – Started Reading