Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Nails

Nails by Fiona Dodwell

bookshelves: ghost, kindle, horror, thriller

This is another novella I've had on my Paperback for a while and decided to read today.

Carla is really excited about moving away from home for the first time. She's renting a place that's closer to her job and her boyfriend, but on the first night, she starts hearing strange tapping noises. There's also a strange feeling and it only gets worse...

This is such a creepy little tale!

Everything starts out normal enough. Carla is excited to rent a place on her own, is dealing with the reality of a shaky job, and a boyfriend who doesn't want to commit. Not to mention a mother who wants her to move back home. But none of this compares to the disturbing things that happen every night.

I loved the way the tension builds and how Carla deals with it. She's honest about her fear but is determined to stay in her rented home. Instead, she takes matters into her own hands with some really surprising results. And OMG, that ending was freaking awesome.

Yeah, this novella is a great supernatural thriller with enough horror elements to give a lover of creepy stories plenty of excited chills.

Not to mention that it's very well written, and I really enjoy Fiona's writing style.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nails.

September 17, 2016 – Shelved