Randee's Reviews > The Black Cat Knocks on Wood

The Black Cat Knocks on Wood by Kay Finch

30521983

bookshelves: mystery, randee-s-wom-challenge-2016

Super, super cute cozy, second in the series (so far) of Hitchcock, the 'good' luck black cat and his human, Sabrina. I loved the first one and I loved this one even more. At first, I thought I wouldn't like this so much because I thought it would revolve around a rodeo. I think rodeos may possibly be the most boring 'entertainment' ever created but not to fear...the backdrop of the rodeo came up very little and it was full speed ahead with Sabrina and Hitchcock getting involved in solving a murder. I can hardly wait for Ms. Finch to come out with a third book in this series. The series takes place in Lavender, Texas and the cast of continuing characters are excellent. I love how Sabrina is always correcting people that black cats are not bad luck and Hitchcock proves over and over that he is her lucky charm. In fact, one of the town's people, Twila, owner of an antique/resale shop is convinced that Hitchcock is Sabrina's familiar (familiar being a witches 'companion' who does her bidding.) Sabrina thinks Twila is 'crazy' but there is just enough of a whiff to make this 'running gag' seem like somewhere down the road, it will prove true.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Cat Knocks on Wood.

September 16, 2016 – Shelved
page 92
October 2, 2016 –
page 178
October 3, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Ivonne (new)

Ivonne Rovira These look super cute. Do I want to read this series? You know I love cozies!

Randee Ivonne wrote: "These look super cute. Do I want to read this series? You know I love cozies!"

So far...this one is the 2nd in the series and I'm dying to find out when the third will be written/published because I LOVE this series!!! I think you would too. It is super cute and well written. I get a kick out of the fact that the protagonist, Sabrina, is always sticking up for her black cat, Hitchcock, and arguing with the superstitious townsfolk that he is NOT bad luck.