Hweeps's Reviews > Think Again

Think Again by JonArno Lawson

Jun 12, 2011

bookshelves: favourites, ya, poems, reread-someday
Read on June 11, 2011

Okay, I thought this was totally amazing and wonderful. I, like Diane Ferbrache, hardly pick up any poetry to read. I like poetry, and I like to think of what I sometimes write as poetry, but I just don't read poetry (much). So it was a pleasant find for me when I found Think Again in the library. I was supposed to be studying, but whatever. It wasn't a long book, thick and difficult to get through. It was instead, astonishing, and so simple and .. effective. It touched me, and I found myself saying "wow" under my breath a lot.
I don't know why is it some people think 'simple' means 'bad'. I stand to disagree. Simplicity, especially in writing, is no easy feat. It's one thing to be simple and ordinary, and another to be simple and extraordinary! Think Again was just the perfect combination.

On each page was a lovely illustration, and short verses. I kinda got that it was supposed to be a love story (cover, and the acknowledgments, and some parts), but that love story part didn't really stand out to be all that much. It just read as a beautiful flow of words that really spoke to me. It's like.. not so much that I'd been through the same things, or felt the same before, but it was just.. I don't know. It connected, I guess.

It was a lovely, lovely read, and I think it's the sort of book I wanna own just so I can look at it on my shelf and feel proud such a beautiful book full of amazing contents is on my shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think Again.