Lola 's Reviews > Frozen Charlotte

Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell

liked it
bookshelves: thriller, mystery, ghosts

3.5 stars.

Creepy. Creepy. Creepy. Creepy.

There may exist thousands of books featuring creepy, Machiavellian talking dolls, but they’re a classic that will forever invade horror stories.

To my surprise, I wasn’t scared by this book. Maybe you’ve noticed, it’s shelved under the ‘‘horror’’ genre, which is a genre that I absolutely do not read. Ever. Even if you beg me to.

But this didn’t scare me in the teensiest bit. I was, however, captivated by the story and, of course, creeped out by the dead dolls.

The story is well-told. Alex Bell keeps things interesting by adding constant action and twists at unexpected places. Plus I can’t complain about the writing.

There really was no need for an unrequited love tragedy, however. Bleh. The story would also have worked even without the imminent romance. It’s really not a main focus, so there’s that, but it could certainly have staid completely dead, too. Pun oh so intended.

A bit clichéd, as we’ve all probably seen dozens of movies with cruel dolls or read books about them, so there isn’t a great amount of originality from the author’s part, but I can assure you that it’s very much readable.

So much that I’m disappointed this won’t be released for Halloween. What were they thinking releasing this a month from Christmas? Ah, Publishing, a mysterious creature.

Blog | Youtube | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin’

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frozen Charlotte.

September 14, 2016 – Started Reading
September 15, 2016 – Shelved
September 15, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

Clumsy Storyteller Great review, Lola! Xoxo

Lola Thank you <3

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Oh, I love creepy doll stuff! I might have to check this one out :-)

Lola Yeah :D It's fun!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I have it on my Amazon list :-D

Nadia I LOVED this book is there any chance of it being a sequel???

Nadia Please!!!

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela Cooley I'm not much of a reader, but I must say... I love this book. I can't believe that anyone can do any better than Alex Bell on these types of book. Well done. (I LOVE THE BOOK FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!)

message 9: by Bárbara (new)

Bárbara Anahí Herrando Cabrera Good review girl! I loved the fact that you are not friends with horror stories and study Spanish haha. :) Saludos Lo!

message 10: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily H. I agree I too think some things could be done to make it better. Alex Bell made a mistake that I immediately noticed instead of me she wrote my in the sentence that was Sophie's line, The name came out with MY not really meaning to.

Carol A. Williams I red this book like 500 times and I lovvve it I can't stop reading it

Carol A. Williams Charlotte is cold Charlotte is cold Charlotte is cold