Michelle's Reviews > The Jihad's Messiah

The Jihad's Messiah by Nick Daniels

The Jihad's Messiah reminded me of a Dekker novel I'd read (Blink) in regards to action and pacing, but with an end times twist. This story was easy to follow and at the same time very detailed and intelligently written. Daniels is a gifted writer with an ability to make the reader empathize with anyone...even a radical follower of Islam. I could tell he did a lot of research, too, because the setting felt like the Middle East and the politics felt contemporary even though it was set in the future.

I love how the author puts you in this main character's mind (first person point of view - present tense) and shows how the examples of others living out their faith can lead to a change of heart. The other characters were written from a third person point of view, but I had no trouble following it. The heart of this story is not about theology or even prophecy fulfilled, per se, but it's about love in action. The author did a great job showing how that over time makes a difference to people who are seeking the truth.

This novel had everything I love in a book. It's engaging, full of action, deals with faith-related issues, and even has a touch of romance. I had a hard time putting The Jihad's Messiah down and would highly recommended to people who love to read stories that contain elements of Middle Eastern culture, Biblical prophecy, and illustrates the practices of various faiths. I hope there is another book coming after this one because I feel like the characters became my friends and I already miss them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jihad's Messiah.

June 11, 2011 – Started Reading