C.G. Drews's Reviews > Always and Forever, Lara Jean

Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

bookshelves: 4-star, contemporary, young-adult, read-2018

I really do love this trilogy a lot! It's just so warm and lovely. This book is a complete Hufflepuff (also shout out to Lara Jean saying on page she was a 'Puff because yes. Yes, she is.) Buuut I didn't love it as much as the first one (or the second really) and I think this is because the only conflict was Lara Jean/Peter doing the "will they won't they" stay together. Which has been the conflict in EVERY book. So IDK?! I was just getting so stressed by this point. I really root for them! But after 3 books of "will they won't they" by the end of it all I just am feeling depleted. So ahhhh. I still love the trilogy a lot though.

Lara Jean is an adorable thing. She just SO IS. And her character development is so Soft™ but actually quite visible by this book! Like she is a lot more confident. I just wiiiiish she communicated better. (Me @ every YA protagonist ever.) Some characters are here like "my life's work is to save the world" and Lara Jean is "my life's work is to find the perfect chocolate chip recipe" and I'm like SAME GIRL, SAME. Relatable content.

Also Peter needs to stahp being so DARN ADORABLE. He is!! He is the cutest book boy ever (And he's a jock so like?!? Who am I.) I also like how he can be a jock + Lara Jean literally scrapbooks and bakes cookies all t he time and = they WORK TOGETHER. I love for relationships that are so different yet fit so well!

I wasn't a biggest fan of her dad's wedding haha. Mostly because I am not a big fan of weddings. I literally tried to melt into the sidewalk for my sisters'. I have been forced to attend FOUR SIBLINGS' WEDDINGS AND IT IS NOT OK. Why must everyone get married fffssss. (view spoiler)

And I just LIVE for all the cute moments! Stargazing! Pancakes! Flower crowns! Baking scenes! Peter fake-pouting! Lara Jean fake-being-stern! KITTY BEING SO LETHALLY SHARP. Kitty is like here to give you grief and I live for it.

Soooo, spoiler moment. Because I must: (view spoiler)

Okay but just remember I am a nasty heartless Slytherin and nO ONE CAN KNOW how much I love this sweet warm series that is like bread and sugar and cuddles. Although book 1 is forever the best of the three. But I'm still in a state of satisfaction. I am a satisfied warm piece of bread. I am.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always and Forever, Lara Jean.

September 14, 2016 – Shelved
September 14, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 21, 2018 – Started Reading
March 21, 2018 –
page 60
17.86% "Ok importantly: I AM READING THIS and [whispering dangerously] it better have a happy ending with the two smol ship beans sailing into the sunset.

And also importantly: the first book's movie is going to be on Netflix wheeeeee I'm so happy! I think it's out in a few months?!💖💖💖"
March 21, 2018 –
page 215
63.99% "Everyone is like "These books are so cute and fun!" and I swear I am stREsS reading so bad if they break up i will flip over a table."
March 22, 2018 – Shelved as: 4-star
March 22, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary
March 22, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult
March 22, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018
March 22, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

Samantha (WLABB) I agree with your "spoiler moment". This is why it is so critical that Jenny Han writes an aged up Kitty spin-off, so we can get some update.

C.G. Drews Omggg I would love a book from Kitty's POV. Wouldn't that be the best thing of life?!?

Samantha (WLABB) C.G. wrote: "Omggg I would love a book from Kitty's POV. Wouldn't that be the best thing of life?!?"
We need to make that happen XD

tisha i really agree with the peter loving lara jean more and it hURTS ME THAT IT FEELS LIKE THAT bc peter and lara jean are Soft Babies™️ that work and They Must Stay Together! but also have you heard about the netflix movie coming out this summer (i think?)!

Fiona Weddings are tolerable if they're the type that come with good food and good cake! Also loved her decision at the end here and how she decided what worked for Margot may not work for her. And her character development, since the first two books were continuous I felt like this is where I really felt the change in her.

message 6: by Lydia (new)

Lydia E Winters Man I hate weddings. I’d been in 5 before I was 15. Blech. Despite that I really need to read these books!

C.G. Drews @Tisha: YES EXACTLY i just am not emotionally able to handle if they break up. I am choosing to believe they will have 3 little girls and Lara Jean will open the most aesthetic bakery ever and Peter will love her forever.

C.G. Drews @Fiona: But so many peopleeeee, ughhhh. 😂I just avoid weddings. And YES I love that she acknowledged that otherwise I was going to get mad.😂Sometimes people you love don't give advice that's good for you personally.

@Lydia: I was so relieved when my last sibling got married because I'm like: DONE. I am no longer required to attend any.😂

Kenzie YES, I AGREE WITH YOU. The first will forever be my favorite... <3 PETER IS BEYOND ADORABLE, WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE. i cry i cry. I love how they work so well together, too. AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT PETER AND KITTY'S RELATIONSHIP FOR A SECOND??? I love it. SO MUCH. And I didn't like Trina that much either. :\ But it was so cute that Peter was part of all their big family moments. *sniffles* And that contract... brb i need a moment to go ugly cry.

message 10: by C.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.G. Drews The fact that Peter is like "Kitty you're my girl" and drives her to school even if he and Lara Jean are fighting is the most best precious thing ever. 😂(I think I could've liked Trina?? But she really didn't have much personality/page time tbh. I felt I knew Peter's family better than her, which is weird.) Come baaaack I'll bring cake and we can ugly cry together. 😭❤️❤️THAT CONTRACT.

Kenzie DID SOMEONE SAY CAKE?!?! I KNOW RIGHT! I loved the part when he and Lara Jean were... you know whispers not together... and Peter still took Kitty to school. TOO ADORABLE. And I loved it when they were planning their christmas cookies and Peter was like "If you don't make my fruitcake cookies, it's over."

I just can't adequately describe how much I love Peter? It's like words aren't enough. I guess I'll just have to -- *flails arms*

message 12: by C.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.G. Drews Omg I'm with you though. *flails arms forever too* We are messes and it's all Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean's fault. *flails arms some more*

Kenzie You know, I'm strangely okay with that. *flailing arm party with lots of cake and cookies*

message 14: by Gaby (new)

Gaby That contract! They have to be together forever! I refuse to believe otherwise!

Portia The contract at the end is proof that they’ll be together forever. If they’re not, I can’t deal with it. I actually sobbed when I finished this book.

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie You’re soft and squishy on the inside, Slytherin friend! But seriously, I need to read these ASAP.

Alexandra @Samantha: I looove your Kitty spin-off idea so freaking much. Please please please make it into a thing, Jenny!! 😍