C.G. Drews's Reviews > P.S. I Still Love You

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

bookshelves: contemporary, read-2018, young-adult

I am so sTResSED right now. I swear. I don't know how you people like fluffy contemporaries. I spend my time usually reading about knives and monsters, ok, and that makes sense. Everything goes wrong and you stress out constantly. But with these happy books??? It's like I'm constantly waiting for DOOM and the more sweet and cute and perfect it is, THE HARDER I TAKE THE DOOM. My heart. It caNNot.

So book 1 is my undeniable favourite thing ever and I cry over how soft™ and perfect it is. I procrastinated this one forever because I want my little ship to have a HEA and every time they fight it stresses me out. But I finally read this!! I got brave!! AND I GOT HIT IN THE FACE BECAUSE OF THAT. [quiet sob/grumbling] But the cute was still here. The cooking was. About 70% of the book was adorable and nice. The other 30% had me stress reading until midnight but ok.

(I'm invested and this is terrible. Just kiSS, LARA JEAN AND PETER, AND STAY TOGETHER.)

List of Smol Thoughts:
• the foodie and cake scenes give me actual life
• I liked Margot a lot more in this book; she was a lot kinder
• Kitty is like the star of my life especially when she suggests making Valentine cakes all red and bloody.
• I was really anti-into all the old-people's-home scenes unfortunately. I just really don't like old people homes. I have been to a few and felt traumatised
• LARA JEAN x PETER such my ship, my ship of all ships
• I also love how Lara Jean is a "late bloomer" and how the book really really discusses it. Like it's okay not to be "where everyone else is" and it's okay to not want to rush into serious relationships and it's OKAY to be a little naive or soft or sweet
however...ugh Lara Jean did that thing and argh it was really frustrating and honestly why the book isn't the full 5 stars (view spoiler)
• it was stressful but then perfect but then stressful but then peRfeCT
• did I mention the cake
• I do not like John
• at all
• The writing is so soft and sweet and rhythmical and I just LOVE all the domestic scenes. Like usually I'd be 0% interested reading about someone folding the washing, but Lara Jean can just live her cute and soft and lovely life and I want to read about it all the time.
• Bless this book and my horrid emotions for it. <3 <3 <3

Now comes the game of Will-I-Read-The-Next-Book-Right-Away-Or-Procrastinate-And-Angst-Because-My-OTP-Is-Stressing-Me-Out. Such a fun game. SUCH FUN.

PS. I love this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read P.S. I Still Love You.

September 14, 2016 – Shelved
September 14, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 18, 2018 – Started Reading
March 18, 2018 –
page 56
16.62% "I'm finally finally reeeeading this!! I was putting it off forever because I love my little ship TOO MUCH and I just want them to be happy. 😭💖💖 And so far it is already perfect cute wholesomeness and mY HEART."
March 20, 2018 –
page 140
41.54% "Kitty: We should make heart shaped pancakes!
Lara Jean: aww you're so much like me
Kitty: and dye them red so they're like bloody hearts!
Lara Jean: [whispering] what the heck you're nothing like me"
March 20, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary
March 20, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018
March 20, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult
March 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Chloe Omg the nursing home scenes. I really didn’t like those haha. And that old woman (I forgot her name) that Lara Jean was friends with - I couldn’t stand her!

C.G. Drews Saaame though. Like the fact that Lara Jean is like "I have a boyfriend and I love him" and then that old lady was pretty much telling her to break up for no reason?!? why.

message 3: by rain (new)

rain Oh mighty queen of dragons and cakes, accept my request please.

message 4: by rain (new)

rain P. S. I don't like fluffy contemporaries too. Blood and murder suits me better but some of my friends love this series. Maybe someday I'll be able to read it. Someday...

message 5: by rain (new)

rain *suit sorry for making this a thread. I've gotten used to Twitter so much

Dani (Dani's Bookshelf) Don't procrastinate on Always and Forever, Lara Jean! It's so good!!!

Kenzie FINALLY! SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE JOHN. To be honest, he was too perfect. AND I FEEL YOU, GIRL. THOSE WHOLE BOOK WAS JUST ASDFGHJKL MADE ME AN EMOTIONAL MESS. Okay, I will admit that I didn't like this book at first. I read it when Jenny Han told us that there was only going to be TWO books, so knowing this was a final book, my reaction to is was somewhat aggravated. BUT THEN THE THIRD BOOK CAME OUT AND MY WHOLE WORLD WAS BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE. I read the second book again and enjoyed it much more. AND WAIT UNTIL YOU READ THE THIRD BOOK. YOUR FEELS ARE GOING TO COMBUST. But it'll be worth it. I promise. (Lara Jean and Peter FOREVAH <333)

Kenzie Oh, and I agree. I did not like the nursing home scenes. LIKE PLEASE LEAVE MY SHIP ALONE, STORMY.

C.G. Drews @Dani: I will!! It's on my bed right now staring at me and waiting!

message 10: by C.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.G. Drews @Kenzie: ughugh and so confusing. Like if he "loved" Lara Jean for all those years and he never ONCE made a move?!? Why??? There was nothing stopping him for all the time she wasn't with Peter? *sobs though about bk 3* I swear if I go through all this trauma and it doesn't workout I'll flip a table.

Susie Wang You got so invested in the story, Cait! I love Lara Jean and Peter, too. But the whole series just makes me smile. I never got stressed over any of the books. Also, I mentioned this before, but I just translated the first book into Chinese earlier this year, and couldn't stop myself from rereading the whole series. I think this might become my comfort go-to series when I get stressed.

message 12: by C.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.G. Drews @Susie: Ahh I'm so glad they translated it!! And omg I'm the odd ball here getting so stressed by fluffy contemporaries.😂I'm too used to fantasy author destroying my heart so I always expect the worst?!

Susie Wang C.G. wrote: "@Susie: Ahh I'm so glad they translated it!! And omg I'm the odd ball here getting so stressed by fluffy contemporaries.😂I'm too used to fantasy author destroying my heart so I always expect the wo..."

I don't think it's odd. You're just more invested than most people, I guess? But your fears might be validated if you ever read Jenny Han's other books. Lol.

message 14: by C.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.G. Drews @Susie: Ohhh no. Most of me now doesn't want to BUT I ALSO DO. Which series of hers do I go to for true heartbreak?!

Susie Wang C.G. wrote: "@Susie: Ohhh no. Most of me now doesn't want to BUT I ALSO DO. Which series of hers do I go to for true heartbreak?!"

I don't think I'm the right person to answer that question. Honestly, I never got emotionally attatched to any of her characters other than those from To All the Boys series. The other two series just got me mildly annoyed with the BIG TWISTS. They both have twists near the very end. So be warned if you're going to try them.

Also, I don't like Belly, the main character from her Summer triology. And I'm not quite into the love interest that seems to be everyone's favorite.

Burn for Burn series is more like a "Bitch you messed with the wrong person" kind of high school drama series. It was fun to read, though.

Azbaqiyah Welcome to the club! ^-^

Paula HAHA "the other 30% had me stress reading until midnight but ok" is that not me. You have captured all my feelings in this review. THank you. Finished it this morning and am still unable to express myself.

Laura Lineberger It's funny to me how much I also love this book and yet disagree with most of what you wrote! I enjoy old people homes. I liked John. And, here's the real kicker, I actually wanted her to end up with John!!! Sorry :)