Taylor's Reviews > Heart of Darkness

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Jun 07, 2007

did not like it
bookshelves: fiction, for-school, hey-shorty, pop-pop-popular
Recommended for: men.
Read in January, 2001

Get this book away from me. I read it in high school and absolutely positively could not stand it, and unlike a lot of books I didn't like during that time, I know it's not because I was being a silly, stubborn girl. I really, really read this one, and I couldn't stand it. Gross.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of Darkness.

02/19/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by puck (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:14AM) (new)

puck not only did we have to read it, we had to make an illustration of locke's house. so i made a model. with brown barbie heads. on posts.

message 2: by Kelly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly Homeboy Joseph wrote an awful novel. Sorry. Someone needs to tell his dead corpse the truth. Or he'll never learn.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

_Heart of Darkness_ is one of my favorite works of all time. Top 20. Joe dropped the hammer on civilized society.

message 4: by Taylor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Taylor This might be an important novel and all, and I respect that, but reading it was excruciating.

message 5: by Kelly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly This book made me want to cry with boredom, pain, and disgust. That is my strongest memory from it. So he can drop all the damn hammers he wants. Just not on me again, thanks.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Different strokes for different folks.

Your dislike of this book makes me sad. Very sad. I'm going to cry now, and it's all your fault.