Aliette's Reviews > The House of Binding Thorns

The House of Binding Thorns by Aliette de Bodard

(Review from the author)

Not leaving a rating because this is my book, but here's what you can expect: focused on the House of Hawthorn and the dragon kingdom. Like its predecessor, standalone, though characters from the first book will obviously be around!

Major characters: angel essence addict Madeleine, Houseless Annamite Françoise (who wields rather peculiar and powerful Fallen magic), dragon prince Thuan (with a talent for getting into major trouble), and ex-Immortal/exile Philippe on his quest to resurrect his friend. And hum, yes, rather a lot of Asmodeus (head of House Hawthorn), too, for obvious reasons.

And more ruined and decayed and dangerous Paris, and political intrigue, and backstabbing.

ETA: I'll update as we get closer to release date.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House of Binding Thorns.

Finished Reading
September 13, 2016 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Phil (new)

Phil Go on give it 5 stars.

message 2: by Aliette (last edited Oct 18, 2016 11:33AM) (new) - added it

Aliette Hahaha no, that'd be bad taste :p
Plus if you ask me at this stage of the process (where I've been through 2 edits & 1 copyediting page & am sick of the book), 5 stars isn't my likely rating for the book...

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil Your comments made me smile.

message 4: by Aliette (new) - added it

Aliette :)

message 5: by Noel (new)

Noel Fleming @Aliette do I need to read the first series before this or not?

message 6: by Aliette (new) - added it

Aliette @noel: you don't but you'll be spoiled for the previous book (bit like a mystery series, they're independent volumes but you be more kick out of the overall arc if you start at 1)

message 7: by Cillian (new)

Cillian I love authors who have the good taste to leave the rating space blank.
I already own the Obsidian and Blood series, and The House of Shattered Wings. Can't wait to make an acquaintance with your writing, Aliette!