Donna's Reviews > The Guardian

The Guardian by Robbie Cheuvront

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011

"Faith, Mercy, Promise"

Anna Riley is a young woman celebrating Mardi Gras when her life suddenly changes. A little boy meets her on her way back to the hotel and gives her information that makes her fly immediately to Pittsburgh. From that moment on, Anna's life moves quickly as she becomes the Guardian of the scroll God gave to John on Patmos. She needs to find the scroll and decifer it, finishing the work of her grandfather. With the help of Father Vin, Jason Lang, Nick, Hale, and Marie, Anna jets around the world in search of the scroll. But, as usual, there is a team of evil doers anxious to thwart her attempts. Who is the little boy Anna met and what role does he play in the story? Will Cardinals Wickham and McCoy find a way to gain the power in Rome? Will Anna and Jason find the way to make it through the losses that come through their search? Are you on the winning side of this battle? This information and much more is held within the pages of this fast-paced, well-written novel!

This book was "unputdownable" for me! From the moment I started reading, I was on the journey with Anna. I felt her successes and her losses. The story is well written and the characters seem real. The Epilogue was a thrilling point of expectation and promise for me! I recommend this to all readers. Groups will find discussion questions at the end with many other points of discussion throughout the book. Thank you to Net Galley for the copy I read on my Nook. This is a book I will buy and give as gifts.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guardian.

June 11, 2011 – Started Reading
June 11, 2011 – Shelved
June 15, 2011 – Shelved as: books-read-in-2011
June 15, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Erik Reed Thank you for the great review Donna. I appreciate you taking to time to both read the book and write a review. Robbie and I are grateful. I hope you will tell others about the book as we near release on September 1st.

Blessings,
Erik

Donna I will! Best wishes with the release. =)

Robbie Cheuvront Donna, thank you for the great review. We are excited about this book and can't wait to see what everyone thinks. Thank you also for your willingness to spread the word about it.

blessings,

robbie

Donna You are both very welcome. =)