Cassie May's Reviews > The Carver

The Carver by Jacob Devlin

Sep 13, 2016

Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! How can you do that?!

Okay, let’s start on the beginning. This book. It ends. It ends on the worst of all cliffhangers! So be warned. BE warned, because this book is not going to let you go till you have finished it. It brings you great laughs, tears and a special twist on all the fairytales we know from our childhood.
It is the first book and it is not a standalone! You are going to want the second one as soon as you have finished this one, because the cliffhanger in the end is going to make you cry out in agony, because right now you have to wait till 2017 till the next one is published.
Even though I hate cliffhangers I totally recommend reading this book as soon as you can. The waiting will be bittersweet, but it is so worth it! The author is really talented and the writing just flowed and pulled me in the story immediately. The characters develop well during the story and they grow with the obstacles thrown in their way.
There were a few scenes that made me cringe and my heart beat faster, because the suspense was so big, nevertheless it was a good read I recommend to everyone who loves to revisit old friends from fairytales we all know since our childhood. The suspense is there, but it is not at all a dark book.
I can’t wait to get the second one in my hands to see how this quest ends for everyone and if all the people I got to know and love are going to get their Happily Ever After, because they deserve it. I mean, they are fairytale characters after all… They shouldn’t be disturbed in their HEA :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Carver.

September 12, 2016 – Started Reading