Penny's Reviews > Our Options Have Changed

Our Options Have Changed by Julia Kent

bookshelves: arc

4.5 “Practically perfect” Stars

Wow! I need to thank author Penny Reid for her pimping email about Julia Kent’s work. Because of the coolness of all of us, I received an ARC for Our Options Have Changed. Now, the first thing you must know is that I’m still kicking myself in the ass for not picking up this amazing book earlier. I had it sitting in my kindle for three months. THREE MONTHS!!!!!!

Safe to say I found the story incredibly good, with a fresh storyline, fantastic characters with crazy chemistry, fun, light, sweet…. I can go on but I do realize I’m bordering on fangirling right now.

“When the world has only one camera lens and it’s your eyes, any other perspective feels like an invasion.”

Chloe has the job of her dreams and something she’s extremely good at. Her love life could be better, but well… it could be worse too. Now that she is on the verge of adopting the baby girl of her dreams and becoming a mother, a man is not really that important anymore. That is until she meets Nick, a new work colleague.

Nick is everything she’s ever wanted in a man and more, and Nick, in turn, can’t believe Chloe is real. Their chemistry and connection are instantaneous but neither of them feel like risking their jobs. Luckily, they can only fight the attraction so long, and soon they’re embarking on an exciting and promising relationship. Then Chloe’s baby comes along one month before schedule and her whole world gets tipped upside down.

Nick already did the diaper thing with his own three children. A single father for most of their lives, he is finally ready to enjoy the freedom of college age kids out of the house. While Chloe is the woman of his dreams, after a failed marriage and single-fatherhood he is not sure he’d like to start from scratch again.

I loved that this was a multilayered story, both Nick and Chloe had issues to resolve before they could dream of an HEA. Nick was kind, funny, sexy as all get out and a fabulous father. His mushy insides made him one of my favorite male leads of this year. Chloe was a take charge kind of woman who knew what she wanted and went for it. Yes, she had some weaknesses, but who doesn’t? That only made her more relatable to me. The way she waited for her little girl and how she felt about her melted my heart.

Well written, with an excellent pace, some scorching hot shenanigans and one of the loveliest romances ever, Our Options Have Changed was a wonderful story about family, friends, love and personal growth. I’ll be forever grateful to Penny Reid for shoving this book in my face and not letting me miss one of the best reads of 2016.

*I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Options Have Changed.