Nikki's Reviews > Daughters of Darkness

Daughters of Darkness by L.J. Smith

liked it

After reading the secret vampire I went straight into this because I really enjoyed smiths writing.

The plot for this thankfully was a little different to the normal paranormal it was much more mysterious and I loved it. Three supernaturals come to a deadbeat town in the country and well bring a whole load of drama to it to.

Jade seemed very innocent, bubbly and naive but I think that was very much part of her charm, especially for Mark.

Kestrel seemed wild and fiery so like an animal it was hard to really define her as a person.

Mary-Lynette now her I loved, she was intelligent a loner but loved what she spent her time on and even though felt many times shed lost who she was I don't think she really did, she was strong minded and when confused it was believable as most teenage angst is. The reaction she had to Ash actually made me laugh a lot and I love that he was meek and kind of mellow around her I mean he completely dropped his attitude around her, yes he was more powerful than her but she didn't cower and run from him she stood her ground and told him when he was being a jerk.

Overall this was a quick read, probably could have done with a few more descriptive scenes and more storyline but as short as it was I wasn't disappointed will be reading more by this author.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters of Darkness.

September 12, 2016 – Started Reading