Tracy T.'s Reviews > Forever Betrothed, Never the Bride

Forever Betrothed, Never the Bride by Christi Caldwell

20687964

Very good book and narration by Tim Campbell (audible review)

I really enjoyed this story very much. I really liked Emmaline a lot. She was pretty, funny, witty, smart, strong and just a great heroine. I love strong female characters. Drake was awesome, handsome, and strong as well. Together they had great chemistry together. There were a couple of nicely written sex scenes, not graphic just very nicely written.

The story line and plot was great. I loved her "notes" to Drake at the beginning of each chapter. It made her so likable and you really got to know her character. He had some PTSD going on from the war causing nightmares, but it wasn't too extreme. He didn't constantly have pity parties like in some PTSD situations. So that was good. There was so much great dialogue throughout the entire book. The story flowed very well and it was entertaining and engaging.

As for the narration. I like Tim Campbell he is a good narrator. The women sound like women and he does give everyone their own distinct voice. His reading voice is nice and he reads with emotion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Betrothed, Never the Bride.

September 11, 2016 – Started Reading
September 11, 2016 – Shelved
September 12, 2016 –
23.0% "So far so good. Good narration by Tim Campbell."
September 12, 2016 –
70.0% "Good story. Some pretty funny dialogue."
September 13, 2016 – Finished Reading