Graham Herrli's Reviews > The User Experience Team of One: A Research and Design Survival Guide

The User Experience Team of One by Leah Buley

Sep 11, 2016

liked it
bookshelves: design-related, published-by-rosenfeld
Recommended for: people seeking to involve a wider team in UX work

Five of the ten chapters of this book are largely theoretical and aimed at people who don't know much about UX design. I didn't find these to be particularly useful.

The remaining chapters contain a mix of lightweight, collaborative methods aimed at getting the wider development team involved in UX design. In some cases, these methods were patently obvious (e.g. wireframes; did you know you can review wireframes with your team?), but in others they were useful outlines of quick ways to increase stakeholder involvement. For example, a "black hat session" is something I've heard of, but never used, and this book provides the key things I need to know to try one out. I'm also interested in using a physical sketchboard as a way of soliciting feedback about many variations of ideas along a flow. (Each method summary provides just enough information to get up and running: when to use it, how long it takes, overall steps to using it, and a few tips for making it successful.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The User Experience Team of One.

Started Reading