Danielle's Reviews > Homegoing

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Homegoing.

September 11, 2016 – Shelved
September 11, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
September 12, 2016 – Started Reading
September 12, 2016 –
page 1
0.33% "This family tree is amazing but confusing lol"
September 14, 2016 –
5.0% "#DiverseAThon #slowathon Reading very slowly but taking it all in."
January 24, 2017 – Shelved as: diverseathon
July 20, 2017 –
7.0% ""Tonight, you must be like an animal when he comes into the room. A lioness. She mates with her lion and he thinks the moment is about him when it is really about her, her children, her posterity. Her trick is to make him think that he is king of the bush, but what does a king matter? Really, she is king and queen and everything in between.""
July 23, 2017 –
July 25, 2017 –
July 26, 2017 –
23.0% "I hate how short these chapters are, and how each new chapter starts a new narrator, a new storyline. Because I want to know what happened to Quey and Cudjo. Did Quey love Cudjo as more than a best friend/brother?"
July 28, 2017 –
28.0% "This book is SOO good but all the stories are too short.... I want to know more about all of them so far."
July 30, 2017 –
31.0% ""The British were no longer selling slaves to America, but slavery had not ended, and his father did not seem to think that it would end. They would just trade one type of shackles for another, trade physical ones that wrapped around wrists and ankles for the invisible ones that wrapped around the mind.""
July 30, 2017 –
37.0% "#booktubeathon2017 is OFFICIALLY over!! Have to wait 3 days for the next readathon, Tome Topple."
August 7, 2017 –
44.0% "But Jo wasn’t angry. Not anymore. He couldn’t really tell if what he had been before was angry. It was an emotion he had no use for, that accomplished nothing and meant even less than that. If anything, what Jo really felt was tired. It's SOO sad..... he lost his wife, children, everything. 😭😭😭"
August 10, 2017 –
51.0% "Finally at Part 2 of the book!!"
August 18, 2017 –
55.0% "Now that Tome Topple is now over, I have to find another readathon for books. Sadness."
August 23, 2017 –
59.0% "Read a bit then had to stop when I got the news that TAYLOR SWIFT IS BACK WITH A NEW ALBUM!!!!!!"
August 27, 2017 –
August 28, 2017 –
August 29, 2017 – Shelved as: rainbow-readathon-2017
August 31, 2017 –
August 31, 2017 –
79.0% ""Evil begets evil. It grows. It transmutes, so that sometimes you cannot see that the evil in the world began as the evil in your own home. I’m sorry you have suffered. I’m sorry for the way your suffering casts a shadow over your life, over the woman you have yet to marry, the children you have yet to have.” The first happy/positive "ending" in this whole story. It's so beautiful! Yaw/Akua reunion."
May 24, 2018 – Shelved as: readsoullit