Igor Eliseev's Reviews > Enoch and the Stars Above

Enoch and the Stars Above by Rich Paz

To be honest, if you were to ask me what my favorite genre of book to read is, I would not raise my hand for dystopian. It is therefore no wonder that after reading the synopsis I hadn’t high hopes for the book but after only a few pages in I knew it was going to be my type of book. Rich Paz, the author of “Enoch and the Stars Above” has carefully crafted an incredible world from the edge of the universe that becomes more and more fascinating as you work your way through the story.
The book takes the reader on so many twists and turns, well-executed plot, real characters with symbolic names (Enoch, Danica, Uriel, Dante, Cassandra), and a remarkable ending that takes by complete surprise – just to keep you guessing, – that it’s hard to put it down. I read it in three days because I just had to know what was happening next! There were times when Enoch was fighting against the forces of evil that has already corrupted the human race, I felt like the main character had faced the same issue on a smaller scale, and I wished there were some differences there, but overall it was a great read.
By the end, after I’ve read this book, there were some words I would like to whisper to someone outside of “Enoch Sotheby world”: all of us are the same, but yet we are a bit different now. I would really recommend it to those who enjoy a fresh feel to the YA Sci-Fi Dystopian genre.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enoch and the Stars Above.

September 10, 2016 – Started Reading