Debby's Reviews > The Hating Game

The Hating Game by Sally  Thorne

bookshelves: debut, debby-books, own-read, 2016-reads, best-romance, best-relationships, everything-i-wanted, stand-alone, banterfluff, brb-flailing, favorites-romance
Read 2 times. Last read October 15, 2016 to October 16, 2016.

First read: October 2016
Reread: January 2017 - because goddamn I needed happiness in my life.

5 stars

That. Was. Spectacular.

Like, picture the best ever execution of the hate-to-love romance trope and this is THAT good. Hate-to-love office romance is just the best thing in the world. The chemistry. The banter. The sexual tension. Oh my god, I ate it all up in no time flat.

Josh is just beyond dreamy. He can be scary intense, and may be a bit too much of a jealous monster at times, but he's also the biggest sweetheart. Lucy is the embodiment of the Shakespeare quote, "Though she be but little, she is fierce." She takes no shit from anybody, and she is going to take the publishing world by storm.

I loved all of it. The hateful games. The banter. The way Josh cared for Lucy while she was sick. The insanely hot elevator kiss. And the way their relationship definitely became legitimate and meaningful as they got to know each other. I called the few "surprises" at the end from a mile away, but I didn't even care, because the execution was all 100% brilliant.

Will be reread a hundred times over. Can I have this author's next books NOW please?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hating Game.

Quotes Debby Liked

Sally  Thorne
“What are you imagining? Your expression is filthy.”

“Strangling you. Bare hands.” I can barely get the words out. I’m huskier than a phone-sex operator after a double shift.

“So that’s your kink.” His eyes are going dark.

“Only where you’re concerned.”

Both his eyebrows ratchet up, and he opens his mouth as his eyes go completely black, but he does not seem to be able to say a word.

It is wonderful.”