Levi's Reviews > The Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource

The Sales Bible by Jeffrey Gitomer

Sep 26, 2016

liked it

When I first picked up this book, I was certain it was one of those McBooks. Eye-grabbing title, a fast read, no real substantive ideas, that kind of thing.

But while Jeffrey Gitomer does indulge in a lot of self-help positive-thinking babble in the beginning, the rest of the book contains plenty of genuinely good advice for salesmanship. He covers fundamentals, cold-calling, networking, and closing, along with a dozen other topics that never crossed my mind.

I particularly like Gitomer's advice in this book because he plainly and emphatically states that he wants the reader to go to other sources to shore up their sales knowledge. That said, this book certainly isn't without flaws. For instance, in more than a few instances the author seems to contradict himself, often in the same chapter. This doesn't negate what good advice he gives, but it can be annoying.

I do recommend "The Sales Bible" as a jumping off point for people wanting to learn about sales, but be sure to read plenty of other stuff too. Gitomer would definitely want that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sales Bible.

September 9, 2016 – Started Reading