Arie ☂'s Reviews > Graffiti Moon

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Jun 09, 2011

bookshelves: aussie-ya, ya-fiction, ya-contemporary, alternating-pov, pretty-prose, emotional-face-punch, family-friendships-i-admire, read-2011, settings-i-love, special-place-in-my-heart, swoonworthy-love-interests, hot-hot-romance
Recommended for: fans of On The Jellioce Road
Read from December 24 to 27, 2011

I've fallen so in love with Aussie YA. The characters are endearing and likable, the prose is gorgeous and the dialogue is witty and searing. The setting is so vivid that you can't help imagine yourself being there. I visited Melbourne earlier this year and fell in love with the city. This book makes me want to go back there and search for graffiti that could be Shadow's.

I'll definitely be reading more of Cath Crowley in the future. I'll also be getting the US Hardcover of this. I need more Ed and Lucy and Leo and Jazz and Dylan and Daisy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graffiti Moon.

Quotes Arie ☂ Liked

“Remember
Love doesn't make the world go round
Sex makes it spin for a second or two
If you're lucky
So do chips, sausage rolls and girls in short skirts
Remember
Love
Lays its fingers on your heart
And holds it
Under water
Remember that
When the next girl smiles”

Cath Crowley
“I told her yeah, but there was no skin on my voice and she heard the bones in my words like I did. And I knew.”

Cath Crowley
“I look over at Ed. He's staring out the window giving Leo the thumbs-down. I wait till he's looking at me, then I give him two fingers up. He gives me two fingers back. I give him the middle finger. He gives it back to me. I don't know any more signs, so I make up one. Three fingers. Take that, mister. He sticks up four. I call your four and raise you five. He skips straight to ten and does something with his thumb that disturbs me. I bounce my hands on my lap. Ed bounces his lap right back.”

Cath Crowley
“I escaped onto the wall, a painted ghost trapped in a jar. I stood back to look at it and I knew the sad thing wasn't that the ghost was running out of air. the sad thing was that he had enough air in that small space to last him a lifetime. What were you thinking, little ghost? Letting yourself get trapped like that?”
tags: ed

12/24/2011 page 116
12/26/2011 page 264
100.0% "Excellent! I want to get my hands on a US copy now to see the changes she's made. Apparently there's more about Ed's mom and Jazz, less about Lucy's parents, and two more of Leo's poems."
show 1 hidden update…