Petrik's Reviews > Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set

Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set by Brandon Sanderson

bookshelves: owned-physical-books
Recommended for: Epic/high fantasy fans
Read 2 times. Last read June 28, 2018 to July 11, 2018.

Series Review:

Mistborn: The Final Empire: 5/5 stars
The Well of Ascension: 4.5/5 stars
The Hero of Ages: 5/5 stars

Mistborn trilogy: 14.5/15 stars

You can find this and the rest of my reviews at Novel Notions

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set.

September 1, 2016 – Started Reading
September 8, 2016 – Shelved
September 19, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 28, 2018 – Started Reading
July 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

Jesper Well said!

Petrik Jesper wrote: "Well said!"

thank you Jesper! :)

message 3: by TS (new)

TS Chan Man, if you think Mistborn was that good..
Stormlight Archive - YAS!
Kingkiller Chronicle - Hmmmmmm...

message 4: by Haïfa (new)

Haïfa Amazing Petrik!! I agree with every word! The atmosphere of this series will always be very special for me and Branderson Sanderson has a talent to immerse his readers completely in the worlds he creates!

message 5: by TS (new)

TS Chan Oops, forgot to say - great heartfelt review!
I've bought all the Graphic Audio production for Mistborn series and looking forward to a reread in the future all the way to the release of The Lost Metal.

message 6: by Haïfa (new)

Haïfa TS we've been discussing with Petrik a BR a few months before Book 7 is out! It would be really fun!

message 7: by TS (new)

TS Chan Haifoun wrote: "TS we've been discussing with Petrik a BR a few months before Book 7 is out! It would be really fun!"

Woots!
And we are also having a Stormlight BR a few months before the release of Oathbringer.

message 8: by Petrik (last edited Nov 07, 2016 02:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Petrik TS wrote: "Man, if you think Mistborn was that good..
Stormlight Archive - YAS!
Kingkiller Chronicle - Hmmmmmm..."

I know TS! As far as I know, Stormlight and Kingkiller, along with Malazan series are the most critically acclaimed series in high fantasy literature right now. I'll be starting Stormlight this December after finishing Warbreaker this month! :)

Petrik Haifoun wrote: "Amazing Petrik!! I agree with every word! The atmosphere of this series will always be very special for me and Branderson Sanderson has a talent to immerse his readers completely in the worlds he c..."

Thank you Haifoun! It means a lot to me that we think the same of this series! :) Sanderson is amazing, his talent in writing to immerse his readers into his world is spectacular.

message 10: by TS (new)

TS Chan Petrik wrote: "TS wrote: "Man, if you think Mistborn was that good..
Stormlight Archive - YAS!
Kingkiller Chronicle - Hmmmmmm..."

And the most underrated fantasy series is Riyria. Read it soon! ;)

message 11: by Petrik (last edited Nov 07, 2016 06:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Petrik TS wrote: "And the most underrated fantasy series is Riyria. Read it soon! ;) ."

Definitely will TS! Riyria revelations have been dispatched to my place so it should be here in another 2 weeks! Been wanting to read them since I joined GR but never got the chance to.

Btw, we should do the reread of Mistborn and Stormlight together with Haifoun! I will finish Stormlight next month and looking at the reviews, I know I'll re-read them again before Book 3 released. ;)

message 12: by Caleb (new)

Caleb M. This is a fantastic review! I know exactly how you feel about the books getting you into high fantasy. It wasn't these ones in particular that bot me hooked, it was the Shannara series waaaaaaaay back in 6th grade. But how you described your feelings is exactly how I feel about those. I do agree with you that this might very well be the best trilogy in any medium.

message 13: by Petrik (last edited Nov 07, 2016 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Petrik Caleb wrote: "This is a fantastic review! I know exactly how you feel about the books getting you into high fantasy. It wasn't these ones in particular that bot me hooked, it was the Shannara series waaaaaaaay b..."

Thank you very much Caleb, it means a lot! :)

It may be different series that got us hooked into high fantasy but we're reading all the same great high fantasy series now!

I grew up reading only Harry Potter series and other books which I can't remembered honestly, not too many cause I'm not really into novels from reading those books. Most of the time I read manga, which I still do sometimes til today. It's only after trying out this trilogy that I'm completely hooked into high fantasy novels. That's why this trilogy will always be important to me, like The Shannara series for you :)

message 14: by Tilly (new)

Tilly Great Review, Petrik!
I need to read it! :-)

message 15: by Samir (new)

Samir Great review!

Petrik Samir wrote: "Great review!"

Thank you Samir!

Tilly wrote: "Great Review, Petrik!
I need to read it! :-)"

Thank you Tilly! Yes! you really should read this trilogy! :)

message 17: by VictoriaNickers (new)

VictoriaNickers Awesome review. I really want to read this trilogy but feel a need to take time off work to binge read it.

Petrik VictoriaNickers wrote: "Awesome review. I really want to read this trilogy but feel a need to take time off work to binge read it."

Thank you Victoria! I know work can be really exhausting but I hope you'll find the time to finally read this trilogy, it's really worth it :)

message 19: by ☽Luna☾ (new)

☽Luna☾ Awesome review !!!

Petrik ☽Luna☾ wrote: "Awesome review !!!"

Thank you Sarah!! :)

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine Could not have said it better myself. Sanderson is one of the most talented writers I know of. I'm just glad he's released so many books already so we won't be running out any time soon.

Petrik Christine wrote: "Could not have said it better myself. Sanderson is one of the most talented writers I know of. I'm just glad he's released so many books already so we won't be running out any time soon."

You will find no disagreement from me there Christine. It's crazy how fast he released all his books, with amazing qualities and some of them are even more than 1000 pages. This is why he is my no 1 favorite author. :)

message 23: by Martina (new) - added it

Martina Great review! I couldn't have explained it better. Mistborn became one of my favorite trilogies(series) along with His Dark Materials. :)

message 24: by Lucia (new)

Lucia Awesome review, Petrik! I can't believe I still havent read this series, or anything by Brandon Sanderson in that regard. I need to rectify that as soon as possible :)