Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > The Daemoniac

The Daemoniac by Kat Ross

Sep 07, 2016

description

It's August of 1888 when a couple hoping to hire the infamous Myrtle Fearing Pell to discreetly look for their missing friend pay a visit to 40 West Tenth Street. Instead of Myrtle they are greeted by Harry Fearing Pell, younger sister to the infamous detective, and her good friend (DR. in training) John Weston.

Taking it upon herself to impersonate her famous sister, Harry and John take the case. What follows is a twisted and depraved tale of magic, murder and mayhem...

description

So ya, where to begin...I REALLY REALLY REALLY loved this book. It's like Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde got together and had a baby. The setting of 1800's New York City was fantastic. It's detailed and so atmospheric. It's almost like the setting is another character. The mystery kept me hooked (though I will say I DID figure out who the baddie was from early on.) It was full of interesting and well developed characters. The writing was fantastic. The plot was interesting and kept me turning the pages.

Not much else to say other than I enjoyed the heck out of this one and look forward to the next book in the series.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Daemoniac.

September 7, 2016 – Shelved
September 7, 2016 – Shelved as: arc-to-review
September 12, 2016 – Shelved as: oct-arcs-to-review
October 6, 2016 – Started Reading
October 7, 2016 – Finished Reading

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Enjoy Sweets :) x

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Alicia wrote: "Enjoy Sweets :) x"

I'm almost done with it. It's REALLY good. :D

message 3: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fantastic review Eve! :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Aisling Zena wrote: "Fantastic review Eve! :)"

Thanks Darling! :D

message 5: by Luv2read (new)

Luv2read Great review!! Sounds intriguing!

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ Great review, babe! ;)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Luv2read wrote: "Great review!! Sounds intriguing!"

Is was! Thanks. :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ wrote: "Great review, babe! ;)"

Thanks Darling!

message 9: by Carvanz (new)

Carvanz Your review makes me curious about this. I love the mystery aspect but I've gotta have some romance. Is there any? And does this end on a cliffy?

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Carvanz wrote: "Your review makes me curious about this. I love the mystery aspect but I've gotta have some romance. Is there any? And does this end on a cliffy?"

No romance, sorry. It doesn't end on a cliffy, this mystery is wrapped upped but it is going to be a series of books with the same characters. :D

message 11: by Diana (new)

Diana Fab review, Eve!!!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Diana wrote: "Fab review, Eve!!!"

Thanks Doll! :D

message 13: by Bev (new)

Bev Awesome review sweets x

message 14: by Nicla (new)

Nicla Great review Eve :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Bev wrote: "Awesome review sweets x"

Thanks Darling! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Nicla wrote: "Great review Eve :)"

Thanks Darling! :D

message 17: by JewelsyGoolsy (new)

JewelsyGoolsy Fantastic review Eve. Taking some time away from smut were we?

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Fantastic review Eve. Taking some time away from smut were we?"

*lol* Yes, every now and then I like to cleanse the pallet!

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Great review honey pie :) I love it when the scenery drags you into the book xo

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Alicia wrote: "Great review honey pie :) I love it when the scenery drags you into the book xo"

message 21: by Candace (new)

Candace Terrific review, Eve! :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Candace wrote: "Terrific review, Eve! :)"

Thanks C! :D

message 23: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Great review Eve x

message 25: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Awesome Review Eve :)
You are an adventurous reader. Love it

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Thanks Darling! :D I read mostly romance but I like to throw different stuff in once in awhile. :D

message 27: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu I need to try that. Just to get away for the same ole ;)