Lori McD's Reviews > Recipe for Lust: An Alpha Billionaire Romance Novel

Recipe for Lust by Alice Ward

it was ok
bookshelves: 2016_read, kindle_unlimited, romance, some-steam

1.5-2 stars... maybe
Rating: MA for steam and sexual talk and situations

OK... there are so many things in this book that annoy and frustrate me, I'm afraid this will be a rant. I'll try to make it constructive.

I don't expect all the details in books to be "real", especially depending upon the genre - there is the suspension of disbelief in just about every book to some extent. But a "contemporary" romance... I expect the premise to be somewhat believable. There are lots of examples of reality shows/cooking competitions out there, for heaven's sake! Yet the Author's version of this "reality" stretches far beyond. Unless her aim is to create a new show concept, I'm lost:
* When do professional cooks compete against home cooks?
* When does one of these shows spend an entire week in the same remote location (no studio) with a series of challenges in the same location? (Typically 1 show contains 1-3 challenges at most.)
* When do contestants have to do chores, such as milking cows and butchering chickens on live TV? (Survivor, maybe)
* In a cooking competition, when has a show focused on and made a big splash about a romantic relationship between contestants?
* When would a show allow any hint of a romantic relationship or partiality between a Host/Judge and a Contestant?

I could go on, such as the cooking challenges in which the Author mentions the food at all are boring and trite - the dishes that win aren't inventive or chef-worthy at all.

When I remove everything annoying and unbelievable, I'm left with lust (in the title), sex, and wishy-washy and unlikeable characters. And the sex isn't even that interesteing or steamy.

Can't recommend to anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Recipe for Lust.

August 24, 2016 – Started Reading