Billie's Reviews > Shadow of Flame

Shadow of Flame by Caitlyn McFarland

I am pleased to report that I can give "Shadow of Flame" a 5-star rating in good conscience. This 2nd installment of the Dragonworn trilogy has shadows of the problems that I have with the first installment, but definitely to a lesser degree. Kai is still annoying, though less with obnoxious immaturity and more with just really unpalatable naivete. There were still way more typoes/grammar errors than there should be if the book's editor was worth a damn. Less carabiner nonsense after the first few chapters though, which was a HUGE relief.

All that being said, I still loved the book and the world and the story and the characters. I am reading these while I am banished to a hotel in some po-dunk town in central Georgia while waiting out Hurricane Matthew to make it's way through my home, and having these books to help pass the time has been a blessing. Just like it's predecessor, I struggled immensely to put this book down, and I'm looking forward to the same from the third and final book. Very eager to see how everything wraps up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Flame.

September 7, 2016 – Shelved